Created through both the historical Works Progress Administration and the Fee Assistance Program, this limestone marker welcomes visitors and students to Michigan State University’s campus. The marker was a gift from the MSU Class of 1938 while the university was known as Michigan State College.
The classical column, reinterpreted in the Art Deco style of the 1930’s, along with the man, horse and woman with a sheaf of wheat, pay tribute to MSU’s agricultural heritage. The piece measures 60 inches by 96 inches.
(Source: MSU Public Art Guide)